You can bring a drone under certain conditions.
In accordance with the guidelines of the IATA, passengers may not carry more than:
- 5 batteries with a maximum power of 100Wh each
- 2 batteries with a maximum power between 100 and 160Wh each
Lithium-ion batteries with a power of more than 160Wh are not allowed on our flights.
See all conditions related to lithium batteries
In the cabin or the hold?
- Drones can be brought on board as your single allowable piece of carry-on luggage.
- They are subject to the same restrictions as other carry-on bags (max. 55 x 45 x 25 cm and 12 kg/26 lbs).
- If your drone exceeds this size or weight, it must be stored in the hold at the same rate as a checked bag. Your drone must be turned off and packed in such a way that prevents it from accidentally being switched on.