For children under 2 years of age traveling on their parents’ lap:
- Your child is allowed one checked bag of up to 10 kg (22 lbs) and one accessory.
- A car seat can therefore be stored in the hold at no additional charge, provided it is the only accessory.
- If you wish to bring another accessory (e.g., a stroller), you’ll need to add a checked bag at least 48 hours before your flight under “Manage My Booking”.
- At the airport, any additional items that are not included in your baggage allowance will be considered excess luggage and charged accordingly.
- Be sure to pack the car seat well as we do not provide protective bags or carrying cases.
For children under 2 years of age traveling on their own seat:
You must bring a car seat (to be placed on the airplane seat) to ensure your child stays safe and comfortable throughout the flight. The car seat must not be more than 42 cm wide. The following car seats are allowed:
- Car seats approved (and duly labeled) by the authorities of an EU Member State, the FAA (US Federal Aviation Administration), or Transport Canada (based on a national technical standard) for exclusive use in airplanes.
- Car seats approved by TÜV standard TÜV/958-01/2001
- Car seats approved by standard ECE R44-03 or higher
- Car seats approved by Canadian standard CMVSS 213/213.1
- Car seats approved by US standard FMVSS No. 213
Here are some examples of stickers found on approved car seats: